Tuesday, February 10, 2009

yay!

First and foremost...I made my first sale on Etsy to a stranger!!! So very exciting. I was gone all day Sunday, we went antiquing and to Record Connection followed by a spaghetti dinner and nugget nectar. So when I got home around midnight that was pretty much the last thing on my mind, but I checked my email and there it was. A sale! And not for one, but two items. Yayayyaya. I needed that.

So as far as this week goes, I'm already done working. I simply need to pack, spend quality time with friends and loved ones, and then leave for a week in paradise. Sounds okay to me. In spite of not having to do anything tonight, I did want to try to be a little bit productive. I whipped up two dresses. They're fun and I used two shirts that I absolutely did not wear anymore.

This was a big ol' Cabela's tshirt that my Mom bought for me probably when buying stuff for my brother's AT hike. Not even once did I wear it. So I made it into a dress? Can you even buy dresses at Cabela's? Oh well, it's fun and good for Spring.



Excuse my face please, my bobby pin was falling out.
This dress I made out of a shirt that was too short on me. In high school this was one of my favorite shirts (and now I'm embarassed that I'm admitting I save clothes since high school). This one is good for Friday nights...a little too short to wear to work!

As far as the shop goes, I'll be putting it on vacation mode towards the end of this week and most likely not adding any items until back from my trip. I would hate to have someone order something and not be able to ship it out on time...so a short break is in order. But my little sister promised she'd do a photo shoot on the beach with me so my new etsy items will have a very fun Jamaican touch to them. Sucks for any items that I put up after that...haha.

No comments: